For the past twenty years, Beyond Health has had a special interest in children’s health. And in that time, our experience with clients and research of the medical literature has led us to conclude that the biggest threat to children’s brains and cognitive abilities today is our current obsolete and misguided medical establishment.
Does it concern you, as it does us, that in the 1980s, 1 in 10,000 children was autistic, and that now 1 in 50 children are suffering from autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs), and that this number continues to grow? Based on current trends, some are predicting that by 2025 this ratio could be 1 in 2.
And don’t tell us that it’s simply that more ASDs are being diagnosed. If that were the case, where are all the autistic adults that missed out on a proper diagnosis?
Our future depends upon raising healthy children to become competent, intelligent, and functional adults. But an increasingly large percentage will not be able to make a meaningful contribution or will contribute only at levels far below their potential. Meanwhile, according to the Weston A. Price Foundation, the average cost of caring for an autistic child with an intellectual disability over his or her lifespan is $2,400,000.
Why isn’t our medical establishment up in arms about this crisis? Could it be because, in large part, they are causing it?
The current medical system pays little more than lip-service to a good diet and tends to discount problems posed by toxins. Everything will be taken care of, they propose, by drugs, surgery, and vaccines.
Meanwhile, this system assaults a child’s developing brain with an ever-expanding protocol of vaccines, beginning at birth; government-mandated fluoridation of our water; antibiotics which kill off good bacteria allowing neurotoxin-producing bacteria and yeasts to flourish; and medications that disrupt normal cell function to address symptoms at the cost of long-term health.
Add these assaults to environmental neurotoxins such as pesticides and excitotoxins like MSG and aspartame in our food supply, and to the depletion of nutrients necessary for optimal brain development and function in the standard American child’s diet, and you get a perfect storm, capable of seriously damaging young brains.
If you’d like to learn more about these assaults, an in-depth article by neurosurgeon Russell Blaylock, MD ably describes why vaccines are harmful to children’s immune and nervous systems; Raymond Francis has written about fluoride as one of the several IQ-lowering toxins; and Natasha Campbell-McBride, MD has shown how gut flora influence the brain and are involved in autism.
At Beyond Health we continue to recommend an optimal, nutrient dense diet including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as healthy oils, and supplemented with a high-quality multi such as Beyond Health’s Kids Mega Multi; eliminating toxins where possible; and avoiding questionable medical practices such as vaccinations and taking antibiotics.
- Blumberg SJ. Changes in prevalence of parent-reported autism spectrum disorder in school-aged U.S. children: 2007 to 2011-2012. National Health Statistics Reports, March 20, 2013. Number 65, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Weston A. Price Foundation. WAPF Vaccination Index. Wise Traditions, Summer 2015, pp. 20-21. Note: The Weston A Price Foundation has been an outspoken critic of childhood vaccinations. The entire Summer 2015 edition of their journal, Wise Traditions, is devoted to this issue and is available in its entirety online.
- Blaylock R. Excessive vaccination and autism. Beyond Health News. Available at beyondhealth.com.
- Francis R. Toxic chemicals lowering IQ. Beyond Health News, 2005. Available at beyondhealth.com.
- Campbell-McBride N. Gut and psychology syndrome: the GAPS in our medical knowledge. Wise Traditions, Summer 2005. pp. 63-73.